The reality is whether it is the life of the world or the hereafter, the final result of patience is very sweet and very peaceful. People who fail to show patience get caught in many problems and difficulties in their lives. There are some recommendations that help us increase our patience:
1. Believing in God; Imam Ali said:” base of patience is believing in God”
2. Having constant relation with God: وَ اسْتَعينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَ الصَّلاةِ وَ إِنَّها لَكَبيرَةٌ إِلاَّ عَلَى الْخاشِعينَ
“And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive to Allah.”
3. Realizing the fact that all events originate from God’s mercy, even misfortune and unpleasant happenings.
4. Paying attention to the great reward of patience in the next world; “those who encounter with torment and pain, but don’t lose their patience they will be highly rewarded in the hereafter”
5. Paying attention to the fact that everything is limited in this world, both torment and pleasure will come to an end very soon.
6. Looking at those who deal with greater problems; there are people who are faced with permanent disabilities.